We all want beautiful flawless skin. Gone are the days of the Kardashian contour, we are in the age of skin. The less makeup the better.
Last year skin care sales grew by 9% compared to only 7% for makeup sales according to the NPD group . Astonishingly by 2020, skincare is expected to account for 26.8% of the beauty and personal care market. Now I still struggle with the cleanse tone and moisturise routine. By the time I’m ready for bed I can barely manage brushing my teeth! SO it shocked me to find out that some people are using up to 10 products as part of their daily skincare routine. Do these people not have jobs?!?!
This got me to thinking about how much people must spend on these lavish routines and after a quick google search I found some…interesting results. So here are my top 5 products for the skin care lover who doesn’t want to pay rent.. or eat.
5. Lets start at the “lower” end. The Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Mask come in at around £291. For something that you wipe off after 20 minutes it better be good. Apparently it’s the Gold Orchid Technology and soy protein that make this a must have for any bathroom!
4. Opening the purse a little wider at around £567 is RéVive Peau Magnifique les Yeux Youth Recruit for Eyes. You use this once a week for four weeks. Its recommended that you do this twice a year. I’m amazed they didn’t recommend every other month…
3. Now we are passing 4 figures. 24K Nano Night Recovery by Orogold will cost you around £1134. Imagine the amount of Avon products you could get for that amount of money!
2. Now it’s money to burn time. At close to £3k “This microdermabrasion kit will reintroduce youth-restoring oxygen to your starved skin cells”. I feel like I just want to throw my money at these people…I’ll have two sets.
- Anything that has 24K and the word gold in the title is going to be on the pricey side. But would you part with over £7k for this regime?? This includes a serum, creme and 8 gold sheets that are left on the face for 20 mins at a time. Go on…treat yourself.